Change is inevitable, Be adaptive!
Changes has been evident during the past centuries, and is no longer inevitable. People of today’s world became so dependent on the benefits and convenience that technology of today had posed upon their lives. In the field of education, many have to adapt with all the advancements that has took place. And as we go further we are able to know what did this mother of civilizations, of arts and sciences contribute to this new world we are living
A MODERN ERA REQUIRES MODERNIZED WAY OF LEARNING
The pandemic has brought us to a world where most of our tasks are done through the use of the internet and different forms of gadgets that relatively eases everything. Students in this modern world no longer need to travel for several minutes to hours just to acquire knowledge in school. They have been maximizing the different educational platforms that are currently present. Schools have adapted to a new normal way of learning and incorporated different learning mechanisms to augment the knowledge of each student to various fields and prepare them to become better professionals of the future. Due to different crisis that has been occurring for the past years, all is required to adapt to different changes that have been taking place. Students no longer need to buy thick books to learn their lessons, because electronic books are the new normal now. Teachers no longer need to use projector when presenting their lectures, for they could make use of led televisions or just present their screen during online discussions. Students using LMS such as NeoLMS could easily track their academic performance, since your scores and performance ratings are visible already at your end every after each activity.
EDUCATIONAL PLATFORMS: BRIDGING TEACHERS AND STUDENTS IN THE NEW NORMAL
- Is one of the popular search engines today, it enables teachers and students to have access with different learning materials made available by different authors to supplement their learnings. It helps, not only the teachers, but also students on the different tasks given to them.
- Some of the teachers make use of this social media platform to deliver their online discussion to a wider audience. YouTube is not only for entertainment purposes but as a versatile platform it enables educational contents to be shared to all users of it. This is also of greater help to students who needs supplement materials for their module and study routines.
- One way of communication today is through sending emails to a particular person. In school we are mostly required to do the same especially when we are communicating with our professors or to the different departments of the institution. It is also an excellent medium to send files and assignments.
- Gmeet (Google Meet)
- Schools nowadays have been incorporating blended learning or full online learning. This application has been very essential for all of the students and teachers of today’s world, because they are able to discuss the topics at hand and even collaborate with all the related applications such as Jamboard, where ideas can be easily posted by the students during activities online.
- In a class setting, wherein there are larger group of participants this platform is of great help since it has a larger audience capacity compared to Google Meet. This has been use by schools to conduct online orientation, and school organizations to conduct online activities.
- Microsoft Teams
- According to Wikipedia, Microsoft Teams is a proprietarybusiness communication platform developed by Microsoft, as part of the Microsoft 365 family of products. Teams primarily competes with the similar service Slack, offering workspace chat and videoconferencing, file storage, and application integration. This platform works just like Zoom and Google Meet, however the only difference is that it enables the whole number of participants to be divided into subgroups when doing group tasks through online settings.
- Google Docs
- This is a product of Google that has been of great help in enabling students to collaborate on working on their given group assignments. It helps to increase efficiency since all who has access to the said file could be able to edit, view, and put comments to it. Students use this mostly when they are doing research papers or written reports.
- NEO, a product of CYPHER LEARNING, is a world-class, award-winning learning management system (LMS) for schools and universities. The platform is known for delivering a great user experience while incorporating all the essential tools schools need to support effective teaching and learning. NEO helps schools manage all classroom activities, such as creating and delivering educational content, assessing students, tracking student achievement, and promoting communication and collaboration between students and faculty.
- This social media platform is not only for creating connections to acquire friends and meet new people. Today it is also being used by schools and universities to post their announcements. Used by students to post their assignments and also used by teachers to create group pages where they can do their collaboration.
- Messenger, a social media platform, that helps students and teachers to communicate even if they are in their asynchronous sessions. This also been used by students to collaborate with their classmates. This is one of the key essentials of all people living today and help in delivering messages in a more faster and efficient way.
NEO by CYPHER LEARNING. (n.d.). Cypher Learning. Retrieved October 23, 2022, from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.neolms.com/docs/neo/Assessing-students-using-NEO.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj8k5auvvX6AhWnSWwGHcWkAuwQFnoECBUQBQ&usg=AOvVaw0vHNo3CuERJfMmVR5DSwEx
Wikipedia contributors. (2022, October 20). Microsoft Teams. Wikipedia. Retrieved October 23, 2022, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Teams
“Changes has been evident during the past centuries, and is no longer inevitable. People of today’s world became so dependent on the benefits and convenience that technology of today had posed upon their lives. In the field of education, many have to adapt with all the advancements that has took place”
I liked the introduction! ❤️
Very nice 😇