Details on player experience improvements, upcoming patches.
Dear Gran Turismo Community,
Thank you for your ongoing support and input on Gran Turismo 7. Your opinions were heard. I apologize for the aggravation and confusion caused by our patch updates last week, which resulted in not only a server outage but also changes to the in-game economy that were implemented without warning to our community. We understand that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you were hoping for, so we’ll make a goodwill gesture in the form of a 1 million Cr non-paid credit pack. offered to any players who may have been harmed* This will be reflected in your accounts shortly. To collect the credits, you must check into the game before April 25. The last patch update was designed to fix a problem with inconsistent incentive payouts in a section of the World Circuit Events. However, in order to re-establish the planned equilibrium and deliver more accurate awards based on time investment and completion, the entire rewards system has to be recalculated.
In the beginning of April, we’ll be releasing a significant fix to improve the player experience. The amount of events will be expanded, and we’ll reintroduce a more balanced reward system across the game to benefit all players.
Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:
- Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
- Increase of rewards in Online Races.
- Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.
Finally, we’d want to use this opportunity to outline some of the next upgrades we’re working on. We are unable to confirm an exact date or other details at this time, but we will provide prior information via www.gran-turismo.com.
- Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
- Further World Circuit event additions.
- Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
- Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
- Make it so cars can be sold.
We appreciate your patience and helpful feedback as we continue to develop and improve GT7 in order to make it as exciting and rewarding as possible for as many players as feasible. We strive to maintain open channels of contact with our community so that we can collaborate to create the best racing experience possible.